Hello everyone, I just wanted to let you know about what Kansas City has going on this year in 2018. The information below is from the Kansas City Business Journal, and it is about the growth potential that Kansas City has-it is ranked in the top 10 cities in the U.S. for growth and amount of money spent. As you can see on the list, millions and millions of dollars are being spent; in fact, it is $3.7 billion that will be spent in the next year or two. The increase in employment will be somewhere in the range of 50,000 to 75,000 people employed.
This is great information to share with your buyers, sellers, and corporate clientele. Our growth possibilities in KC are a positive thing for our real estate businesses.
Now we need to find more housing for their people.
What's New in Kansas City in 2018
- Loews Kansas City Convention Center Hotel 1515 Wyandotte St. Kansas City, MO $323 million room convention hotel with meeting & conference spaces, parking structure & connection to Bartle Hall
- Garmin Headquarters Expansion & Warehouse/Office Renovation 1200 E. 151st St. Olathe, KS $263 million project including warehouse & manufacturing facility, office space & associated site work & landscaping; expansion includes more than 720,000 square feet of new space for R&D, engineering & industrial design teams
- The University of Kansas Hospital Cambridge North Tower 3901 Rainbow Blvd. Kansas City, KS $250 million square-foot new patient tower & skybridge on Urban Teaching Hospital
- Cerner Innovations Campus Phases III & IV 5600 Bannister Rd. Kansas City, MO $220 million more high-rise office buildings on 280-acre site
- The Grove U.S. Hwy. 50 & Missouri Hwy. 291 Lee's Summit, MO $220 million million-square-foot mixed-use development; light industrial, flex space, apartments, retail & restaurants
- Children's Mercy Research Tower 23rd St. & Gillham Rd. Kansas City, MO $200 million nine-story research tower on Hospital Hill campus totaling 398,512 square feet for office & research-related uses
- Johnson County Courthouse 200 N. Kansas Ave. Olathe, KS $155 million square-foot new county courthouse
- Two Light Tower 1401 Walnut St. Kansas City, MO $120 million 510,000-square-foot, 24-story high-rise apartment building with 440-stall parking garage
- North Kansas City School District New, Additions, Renovations Bond Program multiple locations Kansas City & North Kansas City, MO $96.6 million two new elementary schools; modifications at sixth-grade centers; renovation of North Kansas City High School
- Mid-Continent Public Library Capital Project multiple locations metro KC, MO $84.5 million capital project including renovations of 28 library buildings & expansion/replacement of six libraries throughout Platte, Clay & Jackson counties
- Union | Berkley Riverfront 1298 E. Riverfront Rd. Kansas City, MO $72 million mixed-use, residential mid-rise project including 410 luxury apartments, 12,400 square feet of retail & 400 parking spaces for residents & retail customers
- Gallerie 27th St. & Gillham Rd. Kansas City, MO $68 million 361-unit apartment project with 7,500 square feet of neighborhood retail & structured parking
- Shawnee Mission School District Bond Program multiple locations Leawood, Lenexa, Overland Park $62.8 million multiple project bond including Aquatics Center & Garage, Lenexa Hills Elementary & Brookwood Elementary
- Spring Hill Bond Improvement Program multiple locations Spring Hill $61 million multiple building program including 72,000-square-foot new elementary school, 100,000-square-foot new middle school, 29,000-square-foot high school classroom addition & District Athletic Conference complex for football/soccer
- 46 Penn Centre 4622 Pennsylvania Ave. Kansas City, MO $57 million story building with eight stories of office space totaling 209,500 square feet; six floors of parking; 10,500 square feet for CrossFirst Bank branch & two new restaurants
- Cerner Demonstration Center/KC Client Experience Headquarters Campus North Kansas City $56 million story, 125,000-square-foot building
- Olathe School District 2016 Bond Projects 14180 Black Bob Rd. Olathe, KS $53 million construction of new elementary & middle schools; renovation & repurposing of more than 93,000 square feet of space in Olathe Millcreek Center
- The University of Kansas Indian Creek Hospital Expansion 10720 Nall Ave. Overland Park, KS $50.3 million 122,507-square-foot, four-level hospital expansion; connects to adjacent existing hospital
- Overland One 5440 W. 110th St. Overland Park, KS $50 million new office park with 125,000-square-foot building for anchor tenant Creative Planning & a 102,750-square-foot building; two-level parking structure; incorporates tenant buildout for Creative Planning
- The Kessler at Meadowbrook Park 4851 Meadowbrook Pkwy. Prairie Village, KS $47.9 million multifamily development consisting of 282 luxury apartments totaling 374,000 square feet; five-story parking garage with 448 spaces
- Savoy Hotel 219 W. 9th St. Kansas City, MO $47.5 million renovation of century-old Savoy Hotel & historic Savoy Grill to create a 120-room boutique hotel; contemporary art museum; more than 7,000 square feet of exhibition space; restaurant & bar
- Pinnacle 9677 Parallel Pkwy. Kansas City, KS $42 million 81,100-square-foot, two-story soccer training center & sports medicine facility occupying 50 acres; home to U.S. Soccer National Coaching Education Center; also will serve as training center for Sporting KC
- Meridian View High 201 NW Kessler Dr. Lee's Summit, MO $40 million unit apartment community within 76-acre Village at View High mixed-use project
- Saint Luke's South Rehab Hospital Addition and Renovation 12300 Metcalf Ave. Overland Park, KS $40 million 90,000-square-foot, four-story structure connected to existing hospital; plus, interior remodels to kitchen, materials management & physical therapy spaces
- HCA Centerpoint Medical Center 19600 E. 39th St. Independence, MO $39.2 million 30,318-square-foot, one-story vertical expansion to south tower; 52,671-square-foot, two-story vertical expansion to north tower; new parking lot; central energy plant upgrades
How About that Billion Dollar Airport! Kansas City, MO - Ready to fly in 2021!
Thanks for reading, and I wish you a great day everyday!